Lou Athanas Youth Basketball Association SOCIAL MEDIA CONTRACT
This policy contains guidelines for the LAYBL community engaging in social media use.
Social media refers to any online tools or functions that allow people to communicate and/or share content via the internet. This social media policy applies to platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, SMS, Snapchat, etc. Any other online technologies that allow individual users to upload and share content.
When using social media, the lines between public and private, personal and professional, may be blurred. When posting content online there is potential for that content to become publicly available through a variety of means, even if it was intended to be shared privately. Therefore, you should refrain from posting any content online that you would not be happy for anyone to see. If you are online, you are on the record—much of the content posted online is public and searchable. Be sure to always act responsibly and ethically.
In circumstances where guidance about social media issues have not been given in this policy, we suggest you use common sense or seek out advice from those who have approved this policy.
Athletes, Parents, Coaches and Board members agree to the following:
- I will NOT post or share any content that is abusive, harassing, threatening, demeaning, derogatory, negative, or defamatory regarding LAYBL teammates, parents, coaches, board members, or game officials.
- I will NOT post or share any content that includes insulting, obscene, offensive, provocative, or hateful language.
- I will NOT post or share any content, which if said in person during the playing of the game would result in a breach of the rules of the game
- I will NOT post or share any content in breach of LAYBL anti-discrimination, racial discrimination, sexual harassment, or other similar policy.
- I will NOT post or share anything that is dishonest, untrue, or misleading.
Policy & Consequences:
(Applies to athletes, parents, coaches, and board members)
The board of Lou Athanas Youth Basketball League directors will review all issues and make findings.
- Every attempt will be made to adequately investigate and fairly assess the severity of an alleged social media violation incident. All parties involved will be kept informed and required to cooperate fully with LAYBL to remedy the situation.
- Disciplinary actions for those individuals found to have violated the Social Media Contract. (The league is not restricted to applying the sanctions in any particular order or as listed but rather may assess a sanction based on the nature of the offense.)
Verbal and written warning (athletes, parents, coaches, and board members)
Game and practice suspension for 1 week
Additional violations to include additional suspension. Length to be determined by the league which could include permanently banned from participating in Lou Athanas Youth Basketball League